Remote Sensing (RS) refers to acquirement of information about objects using sensors which are not in physical contact with the target. RS techniques are fundamentally based on the direction/sensing of electromagnetic radiation which are reflected or emitted by objects. Remote Sensing thus is all about the acquiring of information (spectral, spatial, temporal) about material objects, area, or phenomenon, without coming into physical contact with the objects, or area, or phenomenon under investigation.
By detection and analysis of reflected or emitted radiations in different spectral bands, it is possible to detect, classify and inventory different objects. Remote Sensing techniques, in particular from orbiting satellite, due to synoptic view, multispectral and multi-temporal capabilities provide distinct signatures of landforms, structures, lithology and land cover. It can cumulate the data of risky and almost inaccessible areas. Remote sensed imagery is integrated within a GIS.
R2V Services provides its services in the following realms:-
- Regional Planning, Urban Studies, Urban Planning
- Land use Mapping- at various Scales
- Digital Analysis of Aerial, satellite data
- Forest Applications:- Mapping/Statistics generation of forest cover, change detection and modeling for resource management
- Water Resources Mapping- Wetlands, lakes, reservoirs monitoring and health assessment etc
- Agricultural applications- Cropping
- Mining & Geology